Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Liam's First Camping Trip

Liam was technically with us last year on our annual camping trip but his experience this year was much different...being an 'outside' baby and all now. :) We headed up to the County Park campground on Saturday, August 1st and spent a 3-day weekend camping with my parents and the Brandls.

Our Little Camper...



We have gone to this campground since I was about Liam's age. A family tradition I don't think I've missed out on EVER. As we were reminiscing this year, my mom reminded me that both Angela and I have literally quit jobs to go camping...no lie. Man we must love camping! Especially since where we go does NOT have flush toilets, showers, or any amenities.

Speaking of...I took the next picture and my mom and I were dying laughing at Liam's hair. Not only is it entirely way too long but it looks greasy. My mom thought the caption for the picture should be as follows...

"Liam liked camping...but his hair looked just as bad as everyone else's."




Cuddling with Sue....





Liam was great. He was actually really easy to have camping at the stage he's in right now...he doesn't move! He was pretty content just playing on a blanket, being held, going in his exersaucer, etc... I have a feeling a year from now when he's running around, he won't be so easy. :)



Driving the boat with Grandpa...



Taking the boat for a joy-ride!



Dipping our toes in the lake...he loved it despite the subzero temperature the lake was at...







Ummm, Dan...I think that hat is a 6-12 month size???

2 comments:

Cary and Jill said...

Nice hat Dan!

Kati said...

Love the pictures, especially the greasy hair picture!!