On Sunday I went and registered. So happy to have that taken care of. Thank god Jill came with me as I couldn’t have done this by myself. I had gotten there before her and decided I’d go get started while I waited….yeah, right! I got back to the baby area, looked around, and froze. I wound up just standing there until Jill arrived. There is so much stuff! I had no idea where to start. With her there (and Heather’s input through email) I think we accounted for everything and then some. Thanks ladies! I couldn’t have done that by myself.
Sunday night Marilyn and her dog Henry came and spent the night with us. We had time to catch up, look through baby things we’ve gotten already, and stare at my belly waiting for it to move. It wasn’t very active while she was here so next time I’ll have to have some sugar so she can feel it move.


Just a few of the fun things we have recieved to get us and the baby started... blogger wouldn't cooperate with these first two pictures...
Bath Time
Onesies and Sleepsacks
Hats
Dan's Favorite

Baby Stats:
We are just over 6 months along! At 24 weeks, the baby weighs 1-1/2 pounds. It is about 12 inches long...comparable to the length of an ear of corn. The brain is also growing quickly now, and the taste buds are continuing to develop. The lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree".
This may be too much info for some people but I thought it was really interesting. As of this week, my uterus is the size of a soccer ball! Wow...that explains why it's starting to get uncomfortable to bend over. :)
24 Weeks

I have the glucose screening test this week...keep your fingers crossed I pass! I don't know how I'd make it through, especially with the holidays coming, if I had to cut sugar.
5 comments:
Thank God... A belly pic!! Look at how big that baby is getting!
Wow - the bump has grown since I last saw you! It's a real bump now! Isn't surreal to start getting baby stuff?! Soon there will be a baby to actually use that stuff! We have the same towel, sleep gown, and a couple of the same hats :) On my next trip to Hudson the bassinet is coming with me - make room for it!
Once you have your blood glucose screening you will never look at organce crush pop the same!!! I can't believe how much your bump has grown.
You are SO CUTE! AHHHHH! Can't wait to see you - good luck with the glucose - we've got butter muffins, angel food candy and lots of pie to eat at our parents' house over the holidays! :)
OH MY GOSH - your belly is finally starting to stick out! YEAH! How exciting. I remember those days of sitting and watching your belly just waiting for it to move. Enjoy!
Cousin Kim
Post a Comment