"Come on!"
There were 11 couples in our class and everyone was really very nice…totally honest on the other hand, not so sure about that. We had to introduce ourselves and share the things we’ve enjoyed about being pregnant and the things we haven’t. After several women had proceeded to say ‘I’ve enjoyed my entire pregnancy, everything has been perfect, there hasn’t really been ANYTHING I haven’t enjoyed’ I wanted to gag myself. Come on! Someone, anyone??? Bueller? Nothing bad? Seriously? No one’s had a headache even???
"Please.make.the vaginal birth video.stop. I'm scared."
So, I know not everyone feels this way but here’s my whole philosophy on viewing a vaginal birth…
- ONE...I fully believe God purposely made it physically impossible for me to watch myself giving birth.
- TWO...In my opinion, there are very good reasons that you can’t and shouldn’t see what is happening and going on in that region as a human being is making its way out.
- THREE...For the record, obviously I have no desire whatsoever to watch as our baby is born. So, as much as I appreciate the offer, no...I would not like a mirror placed at the end of the bed for me to watch...thank you.
So, as far as watching the video in class…given the fact that I don’t want to see myself giving birth, how about we NOT watch some other strange woman giving birth??? Am I the only one that thinks this looks awful?? Seriously, can you stop the video?
"You want me to breathe AND count AND focus while having a contraction???"
While I would love to believe that something as simple as breathing deep cleansing breaths, in a rhythmic pattern, that I’m timing, while imagining myself on a beach, while having a contraction will make labor bearable (whew! that's a mouthful!), I’m a little suspicious and definitely not that talented. If I’m not that talented when I’m NOT actually in pain, I’m certainly not going to be that talented during a contraction. Can we (as Doctor Phil say's) get real…how many women can actually do this? Right now I’m just feeling kind of dizzy from all the in-and-out breathing…
Other activities this week...Heather, you were right! The baking frenzy has subsided (for now!) and the cleaning frenzy has begun. Dan and I tackled our filing cabinets this week...went through all the folders, got rid of old stuff, and organized and filed the new stuff. Filing cabinet organized...check. Look at how much fun Dan is having! ;)

Baby Stats:
At week 27, the baby weighs over 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is 14 1/2 inches long. The baby is sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing it's eyes, and perhaps even sucking it's fingers. I may start to feel hiccups from the baby from now until the end of the pregnancy. Another interesting fact, babies born at 27 weeks have an 85% chance of survival. That's amazing! Don't worry, I hope to bake ours much longer. :)
Angela, 2 belly pics just for you!

4 comments:
A woman I work with just told me about the following old wive's tale: If you look ugly during your pregnancy, you are having a girl.
If you look great, it's a boy.
From these belly pics it looks like a boy!
Don't worry when you go into labor all that they taught you goes right out the window. When it came time to push I said and how do I do that again! You will also make up your own breathing or in my case screaming pattern!!! You look so good!
Does this mean you won't be signing up to be the next "actress" in a birthing documentary? I know you have been looking for a new video camera!
I'm with 'ya sister...On TV, anytime I see a dude with a video camera in his wife's you-know-what, I'm thinking, WHY?! WHY?!
You are adorable, can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment