All in all, this week yielded more banana bread, Halloween cupcakes and an apple pie. Lord knows I don't need 24 cupcakes, 3 loaves of banana bread, and a pie in the house all at one time so we've been sharing the wealth. The Krusemarks, Bullis's, and some other neighbors have been given some treats this past week too...


I'm not a seasoned baker and I did pull a good one while getting an apple pie ready. I had made the cupcakes earlier in the week and had been storing the pan with the cupcakes in the stove. Let's flashback for one second...my mom used to always put baked goods in a container and store it in the stove. On more than one occasion I remember her preheating the oven and realizing too late that there was something in the oven. Mom, Ang...remember the green tupperware container full of cookies melted to the bottom of the stove??? So, as I'm putting the cupcakes in the stove I'm thinking to myself...'Now I can't forget that these are in here." Well, after the oven had been preheating for the pie for about 10 minutes I remembered the cupcakes. Luckily they were in a metal container, there were only a few left, but this is what was left of them...maybe I could have passed them off as 'glazed' (they had been frosted before 10 minutes in a 425 degree stove)...

The Krusemarks moved in this week...yay! Friday night we took them dinner...chinese take-out from our favorite chinese place in town. Gavin was at Grandma Barb's so it was just the adults.

Saturday Dan worked and then went pheasant hunting with Sydney and his uncle Pat...it was a good day, they limited out. While he was gone, Jill and I ran to Pottery Barn to do some shopping. Let's just say it was a good day shopping too. :) Later that night, I headed over to Jill and Cary's for dinner. Grandma Barb was back with Gavin who was sporting his cat hat...


Baby Stats:
At week 26, the baby weighs almost 2 pounds and is 14 inches long. It's ear nerves are more fully developed this week so it can now hear both Dan and my voice when we talk.
And, I passed my glucose screening test which was good given all the baking activities this week.
2 comments:
At least you didn't accidentally make meatloaf while attempting to make the pie:) And where is the belly pic?? I need my weekly dose of niece/nephew viewing!
Hey Betty - I'd like a belly pic too! Can we put you down for dessert on Nov 1st? Soon after the baking phase will come the cleaning phase; you will want to clean places you never knew existed.
One more question...do you keep chocolate chips in your underwear drawer?
Post a Comment