Sunday, March 1, 2009

1 Month...OMG (Wk 4)

Liam was 1 month old on Friday, February 27th...oh.my.god did that go fast!

We had lots of visitors this past week. My friend Carolyn and her 10 week old son Titus came for a visit...


Kitt stopped by to meet Liam as well. Grandma Bonnie came and spent the day with us on Tuesday. She let me get some things done around the house, run grocery shopping, and made us dinner....thanks Grandma!


We made a trip to New Richmond to see Aunt Terrie and Uncle Pat...


And Grandma and Grandpa babysat on Saturday night while Dan and I went out on a date...


Heading out on our date...


It's weird when we go somewhere sans baby...we both look at eachother and are like...'Oh, hi! I miss you!' Even though we're home together at night, it doesn't seem like we're really getting to spend a whole lot of time together...we're usually tag-teaming the monkey man while one of us is trying to do something.

Liam Stats:
My mom brought an infant scale on Tuesday so we could weigh Liam. He's over 9lbs...which means he's gained over 2 1/2lbs since we left the hospital. Apparently he likes to eat...just like both his parents.

This week we've been battling a bad diaper rash. We've learned that any kind of diaper cream does not agree with Liam's bottom so we've resorted to warm water and a washcloth along with some herbal balm our doctor gave us that works wonders.

He's had a few 4 hour stretches in the night. We're hoping this continues! It's amazing how 3-4 hours of sleep makes us feel like brand new people.

Liam is also grasping anything you put in his hands. And, we are currently working on getting an official smile out of him. He smiles a lot in his sleep and even giggled in his sleep the other day but I'm trying to get an official awake smile. I'll keep you posted!

Other pictures from this past week...

Our 'Love Monster'...


The Russian version of our 'Love Monster'...I don't think he likes the hat...





Stick 'em up!


Headed out for a walk...

Crazy hair and two chins...






His first big-boy outfit I've put him in. We live in sleep-n-plays so I had to get a picture of an actual outfit...


Strike a pose!


2 comments:

Heidi said...

We've had our issues with diaper rash also. I think I to have gone through every type of cream and diaper there is out there! Love this pictures! I need to stop by and visit sometime.

Cary and Jill said...

Ok, I seriously need to see this little man again soon! I think Liam and I are going to bond over our crazy hair days!