Sunday, February 22, 2009

Getting to Know Eachother (Wks 2 & 3)

Liam will officially be 1 month old on Friday. I can't hardly believe it...I feel like the last few weeks have been a blurr! :) Getting to know him over the past few weeks has been so amazing and challenging at the same time. We had been told the first few weeks are really hard, that being a parent is hard...not surprisingly, sometimes it is!

Liam continues to be a good eater and for the most part, a good sleeper. We have had a few nights where I think Dan and I would have paid someone to get him to sleep. The day after one of those nights is usually hard...but I shouldn't complain as there has only been a handful of those in the month we've had him. Thinking about those nights, it's comical to me how someone so small can at times unravel two grown, educated, 30-somethings. We're learning!

He is changing everyday...his face is fuller and he's filling out his clothes more and more. Our crazy-haired man from two weeks ago...



New and interesting things we've learned or started doing with Liam include tummy time, a pacifier was introduced on one of those long nights and has become our newest friend, Liam enjoys his swing, activity mat and boppy bouncy chair, and he also likes to be sung to...weather or not the singing voice is any good doesn't seem to matter to him which is good. :) Scotty's cabin crew will be happy to know that one of Liam's favorite songs is 'Over the Rainbow' AND mom thinks she's a rockstar while singing it.

A sleepy guy...


Storytime...looks like he REALLY likes 'The Nursing Mother's Companion'...



Liam is enjoying bathtime as long as we keep him in the warm water...


We took one night and had dinner with the Krusemarks. It was nice for Dan and I to get out of the house together and spend some time with friends. Gavin is so big...it's hard to believe that next year at this time Liam will be about his size.


I try to get out each day but when we aren't running errands...we seem to be doing a lot of this...




We also had Grandma Marilyn come and stay with us this past week for a night. She snuggled with Liam, helped with a ton of house laundry and dishes, and also let Dan and I go out for dinner by ourselves...thanks for all your help Grandma!!


Liam's first trip in his swing...seems to be a hit!


We had Jill and Gavin over for dinner on Friday night...Gavin was curious about the newest member of the Crew...


We had coffee and sticky buns at San Pedros today...Liam's first trip to our favorite restaurant. You know you eat there too much when you walk in and the waitress says...'Oh, yay...you had the baby! He looks EXACTLY like your husband.'


Sleeping again...

Some other pictures from the past two weeks...


Like father, like son...




The lips just kill me!




No comments: