Sunday, February 8, 2009

Our First Week Home

I can't believe it's been almost 2 weeks since Liam decided to make his grand entrance. This past week was our first full week at home with him. So many words describe how we've felt over this time...happy, amazed, challenged, scared, and SO greatful just to name a few...and the interesting thing is feeling these all at the same time. People had always told us that having a child is 'so amazing' and 'you'll never be the same'. Guess what? They were right...now we finally get it.

We've learned several things this past week already...like how to combat the pee stream that shoots up from Liam while we're in the middle of changing him, how to sleep sitting up, how an exercise ball to bounce him would turn into our new best friend, how to become Master Swaddlers, how the house can be a disaster and we just don't care, and how to eat/study/type/pretty-much-do-anything while holding a baby.




Anyone who knows me knows I keep a pretty picked up house. I like things put away and clutter-free. This is seriously how our bedroom has looked for the past week. Dan and I just keep climbing over the stuff to get to bed or to the bathroom. Wow what a baby can change!


I was lucky enough to have lots of help this past week. Both Grandmas and Jill came on different days to help me out. We also had Heather and Finley and Amanda and Luciana stop by for a visit as well.

Liam trying out the Boppy chair...





Some of our visitors...




It was pretty warm and sunny today and Mom needed to get out so we bundled Liam up and took a walk. His bear outfit is so dang cute and apparently too big still...



Liam Stats:
First off, he's of course cute and snuggly. He's got a good set of lungs as we've found out every time we change him. He also likes to grunt.

Pucker-up buttercup...


2 comments:

Cary and Jill said...

I love the close up of him in the bouncy chair! He is so sweet...can't wait to see him again soon!

Anonymous said...

OH my GOD he is so sweet. I hope you got my text - we ended up coming home late on Saturday and I didn't want to disrupt you guys - hoepfully you were getting some sleep!