Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day and CSA

Happy Father's Day!



Dan's first father's day! Liam and I had some big shoes to fill for Father's Day this year after Dan's big surprise for my Mother's Day gift...this is what Dan had given me...


I decided since he had gotten me something to hang on the wall...I would follow suit and get him something he could hang on the wall too. Liam and I said to Daddy...'Happy Father's Day!! and Happy Birthday!! and Merry Christmas!! for the next few years!


We also got our first shipment of veggies from the CSA farm we bought a half share in with the Krusemarks. If you don't know what a CSA is...it stands for Community Supported Agriculture. Local farms can be certified as a CSA if they grow organic with no pesticides, etc... Then, they sell shares to individuals in the surrounding communitites. If you buy a share (or half share) you get vegetables delivered every week from about June through October. The fun part is...you never know from week to week what you're going to get! Check out our first box...we got radishes, garlic chives, broccoli, sprouts, and mustard greens.


Our first CSA salad...yum!


Jill and I have decided that Thursday night (the night we get our CSA box) we will probably have to get together, split up the veggies, and well...I guess we might have to have a glass of wine or a beer too. :)





Liam Stats:
Liam has officially rolled over from his tummy to his back in both directions this past Friday. I was off of work that day so it was fun for me to be home and see him do it. He's only done it once more since then...he can't quite get down that he needs to tuck his arm. :)

He's also talking and laughing but most times lately...it comes out as a scream. Check it out!








Other pictures from the past two weeks...





Brunch at San Pedro's with Grandpa and Grandma...



Check out the delt's...



Smiling BIG at Daddy...





This picture kills me!!



Getting ready to go in the lake for the first time! The before...



The after...it was apparently a little too chilly on the family jewels. :)



Here's what lead to the picture above...




Beep!!

Have a good week! We'll be 5 months old on the next post...OMG!

1 comment:

Kati said...

Too cute!!