Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day (Wks 13 & 14)

My first Mother's Day...so cool (and strange at the same time) to think that I'm a MOM. Being a mom is so much more than I could have imagined...I feel so blessed.

Liam was very excited too...he found me a card with a sticker that he thought I should wear to brunch today...it says "The Amazing Incredible Super Mom! ".




Liam Stats:
What's new with Liam? Let's see...in the past two weeks Liam has started clicking his tongue, sticking out his tongue, he rolled from his back to his belly once, he's sleeping 9+ hours a night (YAY!), he's staying awake for longer stretches during the day and has become quite the chatterbox as well.

Mom Stats:
I'm losing my hair! I'm not kidding. I'm seriously losing my hair. I called Heather the other night because I remember her talking about this happening after you have a baby. I told her I was getting a little concerned about how much I was losing each day...I was sure I'd be bald in the next week or two. She assured me it's normal but wow...seriously, shouldn't the pregnancy side effects STOP once you've HAD the baby??? No such luck I guess. Oh well, he's worth it!

We've had a lot of fun the past two weeks! Here's a recap of all our activities with LOTS of pictures...

Grandma Marilyn was with us for a few days the past two weeks. Liam kept her busy and entertained while Dan and I were working. Liam says 'Thanks Grandma for taking care of me! I had so much fun!'



Reading a bedtime story...



This past Friday Auntie Adriene, Grandma Marilyn, Dan, Sydney and Liam were all able to hang out for the day. It sure looks like they all had a great time together!







My mom and I took Liam to watch Heather and Ashley run a half-marathon in Eau Claire this past weekend...sporting our Badger red for the Market & Johnson water stand theme...







Liam and Finley waiting for Heather to run by...



The same day after the race, we headed to the Cottage to have lunch with my dad. Grandpa Ed had caught a really big walleye...24 inches, which is actually longer than Liam!


Grandpa Ed had Liam smiling and giggling. When I need a laugh...I pull this picture up...it just kills me. Check out the two biggest grins I've seen lately...



My mom caught a bunch of good pics of Grandpa and Liam. Lots of smiles...








Liam went over to play with Gavin one night...and coincidentally, Mom went over to 'play' with Jill too (check out what's on the coffee table in the background). :)



Liam loves standing! And Gavin seems to think this new little boy he calls 'ba ba' is a-okay!



Other pictures from the past two weeks...




Very interested in a new toy...



Out for a walk wearing our new sunhat. It's still a little big but serves the purpose.





Passed out...

What are you looking at???

Mmmmm, my fist...yummy!




Modified 'tummy time'...he doesn't seem to mind tummy time if we do it this way...



3 comments:

Cary and Jill said...

That's a great picture of the 2 of you at the top! I'm glad you had a great 1st Mother's Day!

Kati said...

Love the new pictures!!!

Ashley said...

Seriously this little man is too cute! Can't wait to hang out this weekend!!!!!