Monday, May 18, 2009

Mr. Mom (Wk 15)

Smile!



It's Mr. Mom time! This was Dan's first week at home full-time with Liam for the summer....yay! He will probably kill me for posting this but clinicals were done on Thursday and he ended the semester with four A's and one B...pretty impressive for 18 credits, a new baby in the house, and working on top of it. I'm just a little proud of him if you can't tell. ;)



I must admit I'm a teeny bit jealous leaving the two of them in the mornings...but I'm also thrilled that we are able to swing having him stay home for the summer. How many opportunities come along allowing you to stay home with your baby for 3 months? When we weighed our options for him working full time and paying for daycare or staying home...it was a no brainer.

Sounds like they had a good week together. I'd actually like to be a little mouse in the corner watching some days. Here's what I came home to one night (as I've been buying Liam summer clothes I've asked myself...'Why? Why are you even bothering?"...I've had a sneaking suspicion the following was most likely going to be the apparel for the summer).





We spent some time at Jill's house on Saturday for a last minute playdate...5 kids and 4 adults...we we're outnumbered! This is what a play-date with that many kids looks like...how much fun for the kiddies!



Pat and Terri paid us a visit this past week and took Sydney for a much-needed vacation to the country. Thanks guys!





Ashley and Scott came over on Saturday evening for dinner. It was so much fun to hang out with them and hear all about the wedding...can't wait!



Other pictures from this past week...



First time in the exersaucer...he's a little too small for it but we stuff a blanket in with him and he loves looking at everything...



Look at what Liam can do...he almost looks like he's starting the Macarana!


How we ended the week...I had pulled Liam in bed for some snuggle time Sunday morning (which we never do but, hey, I was still tired) and thought he looked so cute I should get a picture. So I took this picture from the front...so cute.




Then I walked around the other side thinking I'd pick him up and found this waiting for me...not so cute anymore.

(Don't worry about Gavin's outfit Jill...we stain-sticked it and it came right out!)

Have a good week!

2 comments:

Cary and Jill said...

I totally love that big smile! I swear he gets cuter by the minute! I'm also not worried about a little poop stains...been there done that :)

Cary and Jill said...

Mr. Mom? So when will we be getting together with the neighborhood moms and playing poker for supermarket coupons Dan? :)