Sunday, December 21, 2008

Winter Wonderland (35 wks)

It's turned into a Winter Wonderland! We've gotten a lot of snow in the past week...the trees look so pretty. I don't remember the last time we had this much snow before Christmas...



We've been pretty busy the past two weeks. We've had several get-togethers with friends, our neighborhood Christmas progressive party, Dan had finals, we've done most of our Christmas shopping, I've spent a lot of time in the car battling crappy roads and long commutes, and we've also been getting ready to host Dan's family on Christmas Eve.

We continue to get things ready for BabyMac to join us. We bought our crib mattress today and Dan also put our swing together. At this point, there isn't much else we plan to do in the nursery until we know if it's a girl or a boy.



We got some fun news at my last doctor appointment. My doctor casually made the comment to make sure Dan can come to my next appointment because of the ultrasound. I said...'What?! We get to have another ultrasound?!" We had no idea she did another ultrasound at 36 weeks...we thought the one we had at 20 weeks was it. We are so excited to see this little baby one more time before it's (as Heather puts it) an outside baby.


Baby Stats:
At 35 weeks, the baby is about 5 1/4 lbs and more than 18 inches long. The kidneys are fully developed now, and the liver can process some waste products. Most of the basic physical development is now complete.


I continue to get larger by the minute it seems. I keep thinking about how big this baby seems already and I still have just over 4 weeks left...I'm pretty sure labor will be a welcomed event. :) Sleep is becoming a challenge as either I have to pee, can't get comfortable, or BabyMac decides to do a little jig every few hours. What I've realized over the past few weeks is the sleepless nights are probably here to stay for quite some time.




Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Just think...I had an Outside Baby in two days from now...scary isn't it? Keep BabyMac baking a bit longer; you've got enough to do with hosting Christmas Eve!

I LOVE outside babies!

Anonymous said...

you are adorable! I hope you have a fantastic Christmas! Miss you guys.