Monday, September 15, 2008

Meet BabyMac! (20 wks)

We had our first ultrasound last week on Monday and got to see BabyMac for the first time. That was just about the coolest thing we’ve ever experienced. Both Dan and I said we could have sat there and watched the monitor for hours…it was like the best movie ever made. And we officially did not find out the gender.

Whoa baby…was this one active during the ultrasound! It was moving around so much that the tech was having a hard time getting still pictures for us. At one point, the baby did a complete flip while we were watching; it went from head down to head up. Very bizarre for me to be able to feel it AND see it move at the same time.

We saw our doctor on Thursday who confirmed that all vital organs and parts are accounted for…good news! Development looks to be going well. Say hello to BabyMac...





Can you make out the leg and foot in the last picture? I keep praying it has Dan's feet...no bunions. :) What do you think from the pictures…boy or girl? I’m starting to feel like boy…

We got some very exciting news this past week that Jill, Cary, and Gavin are becoming our neighbors in about a month. They are buying a house in our development built by the same builder we built with this last year…it is gorgeous! We are so excited and feel very lucky to have such good friends moving so close by. We are literally a hop and a skip away!

My mom and I spent this past Saturday shopping (or should I say hunting) for nursery furniture. We’ve narrowed it down to two sets and Dan and I plan to choose one by Wednesday. I’ll post pictures next week of whichever one we decide to go with.

BabyStats:
At week 21 the baby is the size of a large banana. It weighs about ¾ of a pound and is about 10 ½ inches long…about the length of a carrot. The baby’s eyebrows and eyelids are present now as well.

The baby has been moving A LOT this past week…Dan got to feel it kick about 6 times in a row last night. It’s so fun to feel all the movement and I love that Dan can feel it now too.



Off to Colorado for the weekend for Kati and Pete’s wedding…yay! We’ll post on Monday with the wedding recap and this week's post.

1 comment:

Heather said...

It's a baby! What great pictures! I hope he/she has Dan's feet too. You think boy? My gut says girl, but when I picture the MacFamily I see a little boy. But what do I know, my gender-guessing abilities went out the window with Finley.