Confessions...well, maybe this is more like complaints. There are some things that I had no intention of signing up for while being pregnant. Unfortunately, many of these things are out of my control and I don’t have a choice about. This will be my one post of the pregnancy where I am going to allow myself to outright complain. No sympathy please, I know I'm not the first woman to ever be pregnant. :) But sometimes you've just got to vent.
For you ladies that have been pregnant and the men that have been there with you, some of this might resonate. For those of you that haven’t gone through this and think you might someday, this may be a good introduction to the fact that everything may not always be rosy. When your day comes…just know that you don’t have to always love being pregnant. For me, there are days where I’m the opposite of being in love with being pregnant.
A few comments I’ve made to Dan on days that have been less than desirable go something like this:
“This baby had better be fun because this sure isn’t.“
“I think we should wait to have the second child until they find a way for men to have children.”
“I’m pretty sure who ever thought up this whole pregnancy thing had a really sick sense of humor.”
What seems to be spurring this week’s attitude is that this week, I was blessed to have my entire body freak out on me all at one time. I'll spare you all the details but between my first migraine, my face that has decided to revert to a 15 year old’s with acne that could rival any teenager, and a few other ailments that trust me, you probably don't want to know about...I had had enough. So, in my outright disgust with my body this past week, I wrote the following…
Ode to Pregnancy (Including My Woes)Being pregnant, what a beautiful thing
At least that’s what SOME people say
There have been a few moments however
That I haven’t felt that way.
There are parts of being pregnant
Where I’m definitely not a fan
Who thought up this whole pregnancy thing?
Many times I’m sure it was a man. :)
Migraines, acne, and back aches to start
Fatigue and nausea that feels like war
Throw in heartburn and then constipation
At this point, need I say any more?
Many things that do keep me going
First, the Saint I’m lucky is my man
Taking care of me, the house, and our dog
He deserves a gold medal, his name is Dan.
Then I'm blessed with family and friends
Who are there to help and guide me
They answer my frequent questions and concerns
For which I'll owe each a big fee
Last but not least, there’s the movement within
Tiny little flutters that make me smile
It’s amazing how something so small and unknown
Makes everything above seem so worthwhile.
Okay...that's it! I'm officially done with my whining. Onto the rest of our week! How was the rest of our week? Actually good! (After the first half of this post, I bet you weren’t expecting me to say that.)
Dan’s sister Adriene came and spent the night with us on Friday. We made dinner, got Dairy Queen for Dan’s birthday, and relaxed. Dan and Adriene went to the cabin for the day on Saturday while I stayed home to get my hair cut and ran errands.
(Adriene and Dan after spending the day at the cabin)
We had 15 people at our house on Sunday…the Krusemarks, Sullivans, Aizpurua’s, and Bullis’s. We grilled dinner, the guys played hanging balls, and we all had time to catch up. It’s so fun to see the difference in stages between all the kids…from Finley who is still an infant to Luciana who is now walking. Four babies in just over a year with one more on the way…boy, times and group activities sure have changed!
(some of the ladies and munchkins)

Luciana was very excited to be hanging out with all the boys. She now likes giving kisses, says 'baby' to all the other kids and was very taken with Gavin for awhile.
(Hi Gavin! Can I sit on your lap and read Spencer a book?)
(Hmmm, Gavin...you're cute. I might have to kiss you)
(Spencer showing off his monkey hat, could this be any cuter?)
Baby Stats:
The baby is the size of a heirloom tomato this week. It weighs about 8 ounces and is about 6 inches long. The baby has been moving a lot this past week. I love that! I can hardly wait until Dan can feel it too.
We have our ultrasound next week on Monday which we are both uber excited about!
(19 Weeks)
No comments:
Post a Comment