1) I wore my first pair of maternity pants this week (thanks Heather!). As the title for this week says, elastic sure is a beautiful thing!
2) One night this past week, Dan said to me…’So, I was thinking today and I don’t really NEED to find out the gender of the baby. I’m okay just waiting until the baby arrives.’ My response….’Sounds good.’ It looks like it’s official, we will be waiting!
We also had a house guest for part of the week. Sydney’s favorite friend, River, came to stay with us for a few days.
(watching for any crumbs to fall as Dan makes dinner)
(come on Dan, aren't you going to drop anything???)
We’ve asked Sydney several times what she thinks about BabyMac…this is usually the response we get…hmmm, we don't think she looks too excited. What do you think?
(??????)
We do think Sydney knows something is going on. We did some research and there are theories that dogs know when an owner is pregnant. Some things we've noticed...in the past few months she has become very needy, much more than usual. Also, one other distinct difference...she usually clings to Dan when he's home but lately, she has been clinging to me much more than usual. She’s been sitting on the floor by me, sometimes following me where ever I go, etc... Maybe getting protective? I guess we'll never really know. :)
Baby Stats:
It is week 17, wow this sure seems to be going fast! BabyMac is about the size of my hand spread open and is about 5 inches long. It weighs in around 5 ounces, about the weight of a turnip. Sweat glands are starting to develop and it will start accumulating fat this week.
We are on vacation again this week! Hope you have a good one.

No comments:
Post a Comment