Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Waiting Game (39 Wks)

Both Dan and I feel like we've entered into the final phase of pregnancy...the waiting game. We are one week from our due date and at this point...we feel ready and are so excited! I am physically feeling ready too...I was told this past week at work that I'm officially waddling. I am also noticing swelling in my fingers and my face...on that note, I was also told this past week that I'm starting to 'get that puffy look'...nice, just what every woman likes to hear. :)

At the same time, surprisingly, I have been really enjoying the unknown when it concerns when/where labor will start. I have been waking up everyday and will think to myself..."Well, it probably won't happen today, but...it could!" That anticipation for me has been fun.

Dan started back to school this past week full-time. He has 18 credits and quite the schedule for this semester. He will be done with his LPN degree in December. Yes, we do know we are adding a baby to this picture as well...the demands on him with coursework/clinicals/new baby will be interesting and I think he's nervous about it. But, we're up for the challenge and have a great support system. By the time my maternity leave is over, his first semester will be done. Then we'll trade spots and he'll be home for a few months with the baby as well.

Heading off to school...what a cute college student...


Baby Stats:
At 39 weeks, the baby continues to add layers of fat to help regulate it's temperature for outside the womb. Baby's weight is probably around 7+ pounds...boys will tend to be a bit larger than girls. Mmmhhhh...by the looks of my belly this week, maybe boy, huh???



If I'm posting next week and not sharing newborn photos...start saying some prayers for us. I am okay going overdue a few days but I'm pretty sure I'll be doing whatever I can to get labor started at that point. Until next week...enjoy the warmer temperatures!

No comments: