The major activity of this past week was Tuesday night when Marilyn, my parents, and I took a CPR class offered through the Hudson hospital. It taught us what to do for choking and how to perform CPR for infants, children, and adults. I am so happy we took it prior to BabyMac joining us. It had been quite awhile since I had last had CPR and it has changed quite a bit.
I am officially on leave from work! I hadn't planned to go on leave prior to BabyMac's arrival. However, after several days of feeling pregnantly awful and trying to get through the workday, I decided I would get through this past week but would then take full advantage of the pre-partum leave my company offers. It's very strange to think I won't be back there for 3+ months but I know the time will go sooo fast.
Baby Stats:
At 40 weeks, Baby is still accumulating fat. I'm not such a fan of this stat at this point as I'd really rather the baby stop.getting.bigger.
In the next week, if I don't deliver, my doctor will look at our vitals to see how we're doing. As of today, everything looked great. If we're still doing okay, she'll let me go a little longer. If I protest, she is willing to try to get the process started through induction, etc.... I am okay with going another few days...I'd really prefer NOT to be induced unless medically necessary. We plan to make some decisions at my appt next Monday if this Baby is still an inside baby. Let's hope we don't get that far!


3 comments:
Good luck with BabyMac! We're keeping an eye on the blog from up north!
Jesse, Heidi, and Reece Jensen
I can't say I blame Baby Mac for not wanting to come out when it is so cold outside...but seriously I'm not sure how much longer I can wait to meet this little person!
Come on BabyMac! Life is better on the outside! I'm so anxious to know if it's a boy/girl...and even more, what his/her name is. I'm "patiently" waiting for a phone call...and I'm super-patient, yeah right.
Post a Comment