We’re planning to blog throughout the pregnancy (your welcome Angela!) and we’ll most likely post on Sunday or Monday evenings just depending on the weekend craziness.
Week 13 Baby Stats:
This week the baby is the size of a peach. For those of you that read Heather’s blog, the fruit reference will be a repeat for you but it’s my favorite reference for size as well. We heard the heartbeat last Friday and it was at 178 bpm.
Week 13 Parent Stats:
Mom: I’m starting to feel pretty thick around the middle. I never thought I’d say this but I’m looking forward to the lovely elastic waistbands that come with maternity pants.
Dad: Dad is feeling thick around the middle too. :) Honestly, that’s what he told me to write.
(Week 13)I’m not so sure about the ‘bare belly’ pictures yet. I’ve mentally prepared myself for stretch marks; my mom had them so chances are good I will as well…at least that’s what the books say. I’m pretty sure no one wants to see that. So, down the road, my pictures may turn into ‘tank-top belly’ pictures.
We’ve been getting lots of questions. Here are the two most common and our answers:
1) Are you going to find out the gender?
Still undecided… Dan votes yes, I vote no. So, we’re still discussing. Dan asked me the other day when we would get to find out…I told him right around 40 weeks (hee, hee!). I could see the math wheels turning in his head and finally he looked at me and said ’You smartass. Seriously, when can we find out?’ We’ve got about 7 weeks to decide (they can tell you at your 20 week ultrasound) so we’ll keep you posted.
2) How are you feeling?
For the most part, I’ve been feeling okay. I’ve had the usual tiredness that comes along with being pregnant. I wasn’t very prepared for how hard this would hit though. I also had a few weeks where I felt pretty nauseous all day. It’s been manageable though, I really can’t complain considering I know women who have felt like that their entire pregnancy.
The next post won't be for two weeks as we'll be on vacation...yay!
8 comments:
Congrats! So happy BabyMac is no longer a secret! Even I've been asked a ton lately, "When are Dan and Kristi going to have a baby?"
Soon I'll make my gender prediction - even though my own baby messed up my guessing streak -sorry Finley! :) But my inital feeling is girl.... Luciana needs a girlfriend, so maybe BabyMac will even out the teams of the crew.
I was packing up my maternity clothes for you when your email came, don't worry we all go through that "thick" period, two weeks post pregnancy and I think I'm back in it.
Thought for the day...it was really fun to be surprised, I think it made me push harder and faster because I was so anxious to know if Baby was a boy or girl. Keep working on Dan :)
I'm so glad you've caved to the idea of blogging! I'll be reading religiously, to help ease the pain of not being able to be there with you. If it makes you feel any better, I'd be willing to submit pictures of my belly weekly...
I have never posted on a pregnancy blog before or had any friends do one, but kudos to you! It will keep your friends and family informed without bugging every week.
I have always heard the higher the heartbeat, the more likely it is going to be a girl...but I have also heard the more sick you are, it's a girl too, and I know several who have blown that theory.
I found out the sex of my first 2 babies and this last one was a surprise. I have to say the thrill of finding out in the delivery room is awesome, but the wait to know is long. Plus, I already had some of each for clothing so I was set. Just be prepared for lots of gender neutral outfits at your showers if you don't find out! :-)
Sorry, didn't mean to be anonymous on my last comment. Good Luck with everything. Nicole Munro
YAY to BabyMac!! We are so excited for you guys. I'm still going to go with not finding out. Trust me at about 35 weeks you will wish you knew. It's also fun to call and tell everyone and surprise them with what you had.
Yaeh! I love that you're doing this and will definitely read along. Can't wait for Baby Mac!
We are so excited for you, and know you will be great parents! My guess now is girl! Hope you continue to feel good. You maybe should start preparing Sydney now for her new little "sister"!
Ok, Jill gets to leave messages, now I will too. My prediction....girl or boy, he or she will be well trained in fishing for sure!! Grandpa Ed will be giving fishing lessons and teaching baby Mac all about Sunnys, Pearch, Walleyes, perhaps Bass.....and surely he will tell baby Mac all about the Muskie!!!
Post a Comment