Friday Night Dinner at Carmine's


Saturday Night - It's Party Time!




CONGRATULATIONS ANGELA AND LEVI! We love you both. Back to work this week on Wednesday for both of us. It was nice to have 5 days away! The last trip before BabyMac arrives...wow, it's strange to think that in 10 weeks (give or take) there will be a baby here!
We were very happy to also get daycare figured out for next year. We had a few in-home daycare options right here in our neighborhood that we had been trying to decide between. One of them was able to already commit to taking our child next August so we took it!
Our maternity leave options will allow our baby to be home for at least the first 6 months. I am taking 12 weeks...I get 8 weeks paid and am taking an additional 4 weeks off. Then, once I go back to work, Dan is planning to alter his work schedule and stay home for the summer with the baby. It doesn't seem that many Dads have flexible work schedules or paternity options so we feel very fortunate that he is able to do this! With this, we won't need daycare until the end of August 2009.
Baby Stats:
At 30 weeks, the baby is about 17 inches long and weighs in at 3 pounds (about the weight of a head of cabbage). The eyesight is continuing to develop although even at birth, babies eyesight is still only about 20/400.
Movement has gotten much stronger over the past few weeks. I've started noticing the baby doing more 'rolls' in my belly opposed to just kicks or flutters. Last night, Dan and I were watching the baby move around. At one point, as the baby 'rolled' on by, my belly-button turned completely inside out and then back in again...we were both dying laughing. :)





No comments:
Post a Comment